Let’s make multi-chrome (3 colors in 1), gel eyeshadow
This article (video below), reveals how to create vibrant, mesmerising multi-chromatic eyeshadow. Each of these color changing gel eyeshadows reflects three different colors depending on the viewing angle – side, straight on, etc.,
Duochromes (two colors), have been around for a while but dramatic three or four colors shifts can now be achieved. As usual indie brands were the first to embrace this innovative technology and now bigger brands are getting on the bandwagon.
The video below shows the creation of our multi-chromatic gel eyeshadow with these new Sandream Specialities pigments:-
- SilikMira Variable PGO – pink, green and orange;
- SilikMira Variable GYB – green, yellow and blue; and
- SilikMira Variable ROG – red, orange and green.
How are dramatic chromatic shifts of color created?
Silica is coated with pigment, and thin layers of this and titanium dioxide are stacked on top of one another. Each layer reflects light differently. Because of the different refractive indices, multiple colors are reflected when viewed from different angles, such as perpendicular and oblique views.
HOW TO MAKE THE GEL EYESHADOW
The video below shows how we made the eyeshadow. Steps:-
1. Most gels consist of water, glycerin and preservative and this formula is no different.
2. We used the new Sepilife™ G305, a new favorite of ours from Seppic, to create the “gel,” thicken, emulsify, and suspend the pigments.
3. We added Grant Industries’ Gransil Blur to provide blur, soft focus and an even base.
5. Add your chosen SilikMira Variable at around 20% and mix using low shear.